Lucky Kat World strives to make learning fun
and inspire kids to reach for the stars!
Who We Are
Lucky Kat World is an edutainment website comprised of games and user-generated video channels designed to entertain your child in a safe and creative environment.
At LK, we love entertaining children but we also care about who they are as people. We wanted to create activities that would encourage kids and promote healthy choices as much as entertain them.
We've taken a great deal of time and care to design an animated world filled with edutainment games, creative activities, a fun new way to develop their critical thinking skills, and characters that promote positive attitudes and good character principles.
Positive attitudes and good self-esteem can empower children to achieve any goal they set. Goals and dreams start with ideas. At LK, it is our desire to encourage kids to use their imaginations and develop their ideas no matter how big or how small. It’s not the size of the dream that matters; it’s learning how to create a plan to achieve them. Kids will learn a simple 4 step process called LK4; a fun new critical thinking skill model that will help them set and achieve goals.
LK enjoys partnerships with the international non-profit D.A.R.E. America and top children’s advocate and school assembly speaker Bill Russ, a.k.a. Retro Bill. These partnerships provide positive role models and help us engage kids around the globe.
D.A.R.E. International is active in 44 countries, with nearly 15,000 D.A.R.E. Officers working in U.S. schools and another 7,000 D.A.R.E. Officers working on behalf of children worldwide.
Retro Bill has been touring the United States and Canada for over 15 years and represents countless children’s advocacy organizations and charities. Traveling over 300 days each year, Retro Bill’s schedule includes elementary and middle schools, junior and senior high schools, military family events, church youth groups and corporate events.
As a free registered guest, your child can play fun games and activities, many of which are wrapped in educational content that meet National Academic Standards.
As an LK Club Member, your child will navigate the Cruise Ship Adventure while playing fun and challenging games about each continent they explore. The adventure also showcases environmentally responsible themes and enhances reading comprehension skills.
Target Age Group
- Games for children of all ages!
- Educational content geared for K-5 with an emphasis on 2nd and 3rd grade reading comprehension levels
- See Standards for detailed information on what grade levels and which U.S. National Academic Standards our games satisfy
How We're Different
Roll over a character at Lucky Kat World and hear something positive!
Have you ever heard, "You are what you THINK!"? Kids are like sponges so we want to give them good food for thought! When kids are playing on Lucky Kat World they’ll hear positive messages, play fun games and perhaps learn something new like LK4.
LK4 is a simple four step process that helps develop a child's critical thinking skills in a fun new way!
- DREAM IT!
Create your own dreams! They can be big or small, but they all start as ideas!
- BELIEVE IT!
Have faith in yourself and believe you can accomplish anything you set your mind to!
- PLAN IT!
Make a step-by-step plan on how you will accomplish your dream!
- DO IT!
Go for it! Follow your plan and make it happen!
- Exploring the 7 continents of the world on the Cruise Ship Adventure
- Spending their virtual coins to create their own island paradise
- Taking on the challenge of making an LK4 video for LK
Once LK Club Members complete their Cruise Ship Adventure, they’ll receive their Global Ambassador Certificate and unlock Katville. Katville is LK’s virtual island playground where kids can create their own Island Paradise! There’s even more on the way! Coming soon, kids will be able to make their island look like any continent they visited on their Cruise Ship Adventure!LK in Action!
- Start with a DREAM or idea as to what they want to create and build
- BELIEVE they can earn enough coins to make it happen and create what they imagined
- Make a PLAN and decide what they want to buy, how many coins they’ll need to earn and even what games they want to play!
- DO IT! Dive right in and start playing. It doesn’t take them long to realize how important it is to have goals and a plan to create the perfect island paradise.
Video Content - LKTV Coming in 2015
The Lucky Kat TV experience also includes the opportunity to put LK4 into action through video.
Kids are encouraged to use the 4 steps to create their own video content for Lucky Kat’s online television station, LK. This interactive element offers youth a productive and responsible way to participate in picture and video sharing on the web in a safe, one-way environment.
If they can dream it, they can do it! The goal is to start with an idea and end with a video they can be proud of! Users will have three options when they upload a video:
- Password protected
- Viewable to LK Club members
- Viewable to the public
- Interview one of their heroes using LK4
- Report on actual or make believe events
- Explain and demonstrate a school project
- Write and star with their friends in a short play
- Make a commercial about a real or made up product
- Demonstrate playing a musical instrument
15,000 Officers strong in the U.S.A.
Operating in 44 countries
Retro Bill (a.k.a. Bill Russ)
Co-creator of The 7 RIGHT ONs of Good Character
Dr. Mikel J. Harry
Co-creator of Six Sigma
Author of "The Great Discovery" program
Director of Training
Elementary School Teacher
Elementary School Teacher
Lucky Kat World welcomes feedback from parents, guardians and education professionals.
Please email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.